June 2nd, 2008
How to make an origami dog…
- Try to draw a dog entry and find it isn’t working out the way you want. Put it aside for another day.
- Decide that you’ll do an origami dog.
- Remember that you’re bad with your hands and that you don’t know origami.
- Google “origami dog”.
- Try a few of the more complicated ones, then search again in hopes of finding something easier.
- Pick one, get your paper together and start folding.
- Look again to make sure that this particular origami dog is designed for small children with pudgy hands, then throw away the paper you’ve just messed up (recycle, folks).
- Start again and create a reasonable version.
- Grab a Sharpie and draw some features on the dog, justifying that this is artistic decoration and not a way to make the paper actually look like a dog.
- Photograph and post on your dog a day site.
- Feel insecure, perhaps you should try a more complicated dog?
- Recycle the mess you make with the next attempt.
- Decide that your successful dog is “quirky” and leave it be.
- Finish writing your “Dog a Day Project” post and go find a quiet place to cry.